The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is defined as local commuting area. (Fort Lee/Prince George County, VA and surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Cardinal Golf Course.
Learn more about this agency
- Mows grass, lays sod, weeds flowerbeds, trims and edges walkways and lawns. Prunes shrubs and trees; applies fertilizer, waters plants, cleans out drainage ditches, shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Loads and unloads conveyances; moves materials using wheelbarrows, hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges supplies for storage; collects refuse and recyclable materials
- Aligns posts, using lines or by sighting, and verifies vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels. Measures and lays out fence lines and marks posthole positions, following instructions, drawings, or specifications.
- Digs, fills and tamps soil and gravel in earth excavations; levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required.
- Mixes and pours concrete around bases of posts, or tamps soil into postholes to embed posts. Makes rails for fences, by sawing lumber or by cutting metal tubing to required lengths.
- Nails top and bottom rails to fence posts, or inserts them in slots on posts. Stretches wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attaches fencing to frames.
- Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions. Maintains stock of cleaning materials and implements used. Maintains stock of cleaning materials and implements used.
- Routine work is completed independently following proper safety procedures. Specific instructions are provided with new assignments.
- Completed work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and established practices. Responsible to check and perform simple maintenance on equipment. Maintenance repairs that require disassembly or realignment are reported to the supervisor.
- This position requires working rotating shifts.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Required to stand, walk, bend and kneel for lengthy periods of time.
- Required to follow safety procedures and use standard safety equipment such as gloves, ear protectors, and safety glasses to avoid possible hazards in the work area.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Works indoors and outdoors. May be exposed to adverse weather conditions when working outdoors. Exposed to drafts, noise, dust, and dirt. Possibility of bruises, muscle strains, cuts and scrapes.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver?s license.
- Incumbent will be subject to a pre-employment physical
Work experience directly related to the duties to be performed or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the described duties.
1. Knowledge of safely operating simple power equipment and hand tools such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers, edges and trimmers,
2. Knowledge of maintaining and performing routine maintenance procedures for power equipment such as lawn mowers, oiling parts on power equipment etc.
3. Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of fences.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not n the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https: publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference submit copies of sponsors orders and marriage certificate. Copies must be uploaded at time of application to receive Spousal Preferences.
- DA 3434 or equivalent if claiming Current/Former NAF priority consideration
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action