We are in search of a Medical Director to join a medical practice that provides high quality health services with excellence. Health services include multidisciplinary and integrated primary healthcare, behavioral health (mental illness and behavioral challenges), pre-exposure prophylaxis, and food bank and nutrition. Their medical team is composed of a family nurse practitioner and a clinical program director.
As a medical director, you will be responsible for supervising the care management team along with medical assistants, in great efforts to achieve an effective and efficient care of high-risk patients. Additionally, you will ensure an effective clinical flow in daily clinical operations.
Further responsibilities include:
- Partnering with key staff to identify patients who have not met desired clinical outcomes, and engaging with the patients to develop a strategic care plan.
- Working with the care management team to identify required resources to support patients in achieving set goals, and monitoring and evaluating outcomes of care with the multidisciplinary team.
- Facilitating patients' access to specialty services, retrieving consultations from outside entities, facilitating pharmacy services' access to patients, and assisting patients in overcoming potential barriers related to healthcare access.
- Hiring, employee engagement, training, and development.
- Partnering with medical provider to provide triage and advice services to the patients (electronic, phone, and telemedicine).
- Bachelors of Nursing degree
- At least 5 years' nursing experience
- At least 5 years' staff supervision experience
- At least 3 years' infectious disease or HIV experience
- Development and engagement experience
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Your Recruiter
NRI is a staffing firm that has been servicing the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area for over 50 years. As a recruiter and pre-medicine post-baccalaureate student, I am able to bridge my personal experience in health care to my experience recruiting qualified candidates like you! My many years of clinical experience allow me to match clinical and clerical office support staff to their ideal health care opportunities. I am eager and driven to help you find your next position, and look forward to working with you soon!
- (301) 998-4694
- Connect on LinkedIn