Email resume to sanjeev at bricklogix.com
Role: Java Developer
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Client Interview Format: In Person or Skype
Hours/Week: Full Time – 40 Hours/Week
Duration: Long term (multiple years)
Project Description: New York State of Health (NYSOH) Marketplace is a one stop shop for New Yorkers to find affordable low-cost health insurance.
New York as an early innovator decided to build a state-based exchange (NYSoH). NYSoH is an online health exchange where eligible individuals and small business employees shop to obtain health insurance.
We are looking for people who want to make a well-rounded, full-stack contribution to the project.
Here’s what You’ll Do:
• Analyze – Systems and program requirements for design, creation and testing of programs
• Design – Write and deliver well designed, testable, efficient code ensuring designs are compliant with specifications.
• Build –Highly complex Java/J2EE applications using relational databases while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept, design, and documentation to testing.
• Improve – Support continuous improvement with creative and efficient technical solutions. Develop and suggest alternative approaches to problem resolution. Assist in resolving production support issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
• Six (6) years of programming experience with solid understanding of Core Java Concepts such as Object Oriented Programming, Java Collections API , Exception Handling, Multi-Threading is required plus a very good understanding of J2EE Concepts, Architecture and Technologies
• Five (5) years of extensive working experience in J2EE technologies such as JMS, Java Server Pages, Java Servlets, HTML, Java Script, SML, XSD, XSLT, Xpath with a good understanding of JAXB & JAXP.
• Ability to write simple and complex SQL Queries, preferably with DB2 SQL syntax including PL/SQL
• Extensive experience in writing and executing Junit test cases & debugging Java/J2EE applications
• Five (5) years of practical hands on experience in Basics of Spring Framework.
• Five (5) years of extensive experience in using various Spring Modules such as Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Security, Spring DAO/ORM, Spring Transaction Handling etc.
• Five (5) years of knowledge and experience in Webservices concepts such as WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, RDF
• Experience implementing RESTful and/or traditional web services using technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML
• Application Server experience such as JBoss and WebLogic
• Five (5) years of demonstrated experience on ORM Tools, preferably Spring Hibernate with strong conceptual knowledge of JPA
• Five (5) years of extensive experience in Build Automation Tool, preferably Maven & related concepts such as Project Object Model, Plugins, Build Life Cycle
• Three (3) years of Relational Database experience
• Ability to understand the database design, table structures, indices etc. in order to develop effective and efficient code
• Large scale application development experience
• Extensive experience with front-end development tools and technologies such as Angular 2 or higher
• Extensive experience with back-end technologies
• Good understanding of Java, J2EE Applications Profiling and Application Tuning
• Solid understanding and practical experience of applying JQuery concepts such as handling Events, AJAX through JQuery, selecting and traversing DOM objects is a plus.
• Working knowledge in Web based Application Development and related tools and technologies such as Eclipse, any Application Servers (Preferably WebSphere or JBoss), and SOAP UI etc.
• Good understanding and working experience in writing business rules using DROOLS and Integrating with Java/J2EE Applications
• 2 years or more of EDI X12 834 transaction experience