Springer Nature is one of the worlds leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Account Manager Inside Sales will work with the Academic Sales team including the Executive Licensing Manager, sales, marketing and support staff to develop existing accounts and proactively establish new relationships with Community Colleges, High Schools, and Public Libraries to achieve revenue goals and drive new sales.
- Drive sales growth by expanding the portfolio of eBook, database, and journal customers by identifying opportunities within existing and new accounts.
- Cold-calling new potential clients and following up on leads from internal digital campaigns and conferences,
- Understand client needs and provide presentations that effectively communicate the value of applicable Springer Nature products.
- Negotiate and close business with an understanding of the applicable business models and pricing.
- Foster sustainable customer relationships through a consistent level of interaction including select conferences/presentations/telephone/email & limited site visits.
- Produce monthly sales and forecasting reports and maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Collaborate with internal departments and staff to ensure customer satisfaction, sales growth, and efficient workflows.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelors degree with minimum of three (3) years prior experience, preferably in inside sales and/or scholarly publishing.
- Proven track record of effectively increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers and follow up with proposal development.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities outlined above.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Ability to travel as required about 20%.
- Position will be based out of the NY office location.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com