Mozilla Corporation (Mozilla) is a company whose mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Mozilla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Commercial Counsel.
Although most known for its Firefox browser, Mozillians work on a wide range of different initiatives, products and projects throughout the world. These range from Common Voice (to help teach machines how people speak), mixed reality chat rooms, virtual reality, privacy and security products, new programming languages, advocacy for an open internet, and much more. You will be working as part of a small but mighty team of legal staff that support the entire company throughout the world.
As a Commercial Counsel at Mozilla, you will advise upon, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial and licensing agreements, and advise clients across the company on commercial matters. You will not only continue to grow your commercial counsel skills, you will be exposed to and learn more about new technologies and cutting-edge legal issues.
Your Professional Profile
- You are a member in good standing of the State Bar of California, or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house attorney.
- You have 3-4 years of relevant work experience in a law firm and ideally also have in-house legal department experience, although it is not required.
- You are experienced supporting a wide range of commercial technology agreements and vendor agreements.
- You have a proven background of great negotiating and drafting skills for commercial technology agreements and vendor agreements.
- You have an ability to provide guidance that incorporates and balances both business objectives and legal risk.
- You demonstrate a commitment to excellent client service.
- You have a good understanding of software, online technologies and services, and may have a good understanding of data privacy issues.
- You have the ability to work independently and manage many simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com