Expedia is seeking a dynamic and experienced procurement attorney with excellent general business transactional experience to join the legal team. As a global leader in the travel industry with a strong focus on innovation and technology, Expedia offers a unique opportunity to work on a diverse spectrum of procurement transactions. The position will report to the Global Director of Legal Procurement and will support Expedias portfolio of brands in North America on both procurement and real estate transactions. This is a chance to join a globally-oriented legal team that is proactive, collaborative and highly-respected, and to work closely with internal clients in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
What Youll Do:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of procurement transactions (e.g., software licenses, software as a service, professional services agreements, contact center agreements, and creative agency agreements, as well as associated orders and statements of work), and other business agreements
- Providing general legal counsel to the procurement team and business leaders on a range of commercial and contract issues
- Interacting with business management and senior legal staff to provide legal analysis, recommendations and input on strategic and operational initiatives
- Managing real estate transactions (leases, serviced office agreements, construction and fit-out and other ancillary agreements)
- Drafting, updating and training on form contracts
- Managing and interfacing with outside legal counsel, including managing a legal budget
- Working with key internal stakeholders such as tax, treasury, privacy and security.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and work ethic. We are seeking a strong team player and also a self-starter with drive and initiative to thrive in a unique, dynamic and challenging environment of near constant change and improvement
Who You Are:
- JD or equivalent and currently licensed, preferably in Washington State
- 6-8 years experience with a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred. Experience working in a fast-paced, in-house legal environment is highly desirable; experience in a multi-national legal department a plus
- Ideal candidate will have experience handling complex commercial transactions, cloud services agreements and large-scale outsourcing arrangements. Experience supporting real estate transactions and knowledge of the real estate space a plus.
- Ability to work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with internal/external business clients and within the legal department/law firm
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, lastminute.com.au, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com