The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton’s legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company’s legal obligations.
What will I be doing?
As the Head of Intellectual Property (IP) Counsel you will mentor and motivate a team to lead Hilton’s IP function, including managing the IP system and responsibility over Hilton’s strategy as it relates to IP.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of Contract Manager and Paralegal, ensuring their growth and development within the company.
- File maintain and protect the global IP portfolio.
- Communicate in an effective, purposeful and continual manner with business and legal partners to ensure all work is aligned with company goals.
- Form meaningful and positive relationships with business and legal partners. Become part of the business team.
- Own the companys strategy in all aspects of IP.
- Use outside resources (including outside counsel) to drive efficient work product and billing practices.
- Drive innovation in processes and tools.
We are seeking problem solvers who have a real passion for finding new and creative solutions to hard problems. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An interest in keeping up to date with the latest legal, industry and subject matter expertise
- A commitment to innovate new ways to create efficiencies and to produce a best-in-class IP function
- An instinct to strategize and stay one step ahead
- A desire to solve problems, using good judgment, diplomacy, business knowledge and legal expertise
- Shown success in creating and leading high performing teams
- Ability and experience in creating cross-functional and cross-regional relationships
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hiltons partners or vendors and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Illustrated ability to create and maintain responsible budgets
- Very strong writing, communication and leadership skills
- A creative and strategic approach to problem solving and performance improvement within the department
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Admission to a U.S. State Bar and the ability to meet the eligibility requirements for in-house practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Seven (7) years of experience practicing intellectual property law
- Seven (7) years of experience in advising businesses on legal risk in either a law firm, consulting or in-house position
- Four (4) years of experience in supervising attorney and/or paraprofessional staff
- Experience providing advice to an organization that engages in the branding of products or services
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Ten (10) years of experience practicing intellectual property law
- Six (6) years of experience in supervising attorney and paraprofessional staff
- Experience working with the hospitality industry and a franchise business model
- Experience working with global business and/or legal teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
: Day Job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org