What You Will Bring to the Team
Wizeline is seeking a Corporate Counsel to work closely with the General Counsel across corporate functions in providing advice and support on client contracts, matters related to technology and technology outsourcing such as privacy and data security and other day-to-day matters, including labor related legal matters.
Your Day-to-Day Activities
Primary responsibilities of the Corporate Counsel include assisting the General Counsel to:
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts, focusing primarily on software services agreements, consulting agreements, statements of work, as well as subcontractor, vendor and partnership agreements and other commercial agreements throughout a wide range of industries.
- Liaise with internal business clients to provide legal support and advice in all phases of commercial transactions, including proposal review, RFP responses, structuring agreements, contract drafting and negotiation and post-signature matters.
- Prepare management reporting to summarize status of contract negotiations, signed contracts, disputes and otherwise provide information to aid in management decision-making.
- Lead and assist with various special projects as assigned such as: developing templates and standard positions, improving contract management approaches, developing and implementing legal procedures, practices and systems and educating internal teams to ensure conformity and consistency in the implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Support the development and management of compliance policies and procedures, working with cross-functional partners when needed and providing proactive guidance on applicable laws, regulations, industry standards and self-regulatory requirements, including in the area of data protection and privacy.
- Work closely with people operations, to assist in the handling of talent related matters including immigration matters and developing templates and policies.
- Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, including external counsel, when necessary.
Are You a Fit?
- Degree from an accredited law school.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years of substantial professional experience with a mid to top tier law firm and/or a significantly sized in-house legal department, ideally with a focus on commercial contracting.
- Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills (negotiation level) in both Spanish and English.
- Experience with information technology, licensing and/or outsourcing agreements is preferable.
- Excellent drafting and writing skills.
- Ability to analyze and assess contractual or legal risks, balancing risks with commercial needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively internally throughout the organization and with client organizations.
- Must take a strategic and business-oriented approach to problem solving, be proactive and flexible and have a client first mentality.
- Must have strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at the highest levels of competence.
- The ideal candidate has experience in commercial law for Latin America.
- Preferably based in the United States
What Youll Love About Us
- Our culture: We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Our benefits and perks: We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs.
- Our global family: We offer Work Abroad program, as well as language training and immigration support for our expat members.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org