Decider.com, a New York Post Digital Network property, is seeking an enthusiastic reporter/producer for a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic fan of TV and film (with an expertise in streaming services), with strong reporting and writing skills. He or she will be responsible for devising innovative, expedient ways to cover breaking news and entertainment trends. This can run the gamut from a quick write-up, to riffs on news stories that approach the topic in a fun or unique way.
He or she must be comfortable working in a deadline-oriented environment. Though pop culture news happens round the clock, this position will be primarily be focused on covering news from the hours of 12pm ET through 8pm ET (exact hours to be discussed); this candidate can be based in either New York or remote.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples that best represent your abilities.
- One to three years of hands-on, deadline-driven online editorial experience, preferably for an entertainment publication or online
- A strong knowledge of TV & film landscape specifically, though not limited to, streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, HBO, etc. and a passion for pop culture coverage
- The ability to gather reputable news sources, and chase down leads
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- Excellent time-management
- Eager team player
All interested candidates to be considered should submit their resume, cover letter and writing samples when applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individuals race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship. ?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com