More than real estate. More than retail. More than fashion. Today, the shopping experience is paramounta fusion of shared discovery, high design, sophisticated environment, dining, entertainment, and social interaction. To this end, Simons strategic vision incorporates destination experience as the next great influencer of stability, cash flow, and customer loyalty. Our multibillion-dollar investment in reinventing venues in key markets is based in deep expertise, solid global marketing leadership, and total commitment to the success of every property.
You will be a member of the cutting edge development team that is supporting Simons efforts to transform, transition and expand retail properties into destinations that will include commercial office space, hotels, entertainment, lifestyle and fitness centers . This position requires a creative, entrepreneurial and innovative attorney who can contribute to the diversification and continued development of Simons traditional retail-only properties.
- Will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafts necessary legal documents and develops conclusions and recommendations.
- Assists clients in addressing situations of high legal exposure or risk; understands overall business risk tolerance and considers it in the context of risk management strategies and actions.
- Creates practical and effective solutions to legal issues with no established precedent; develops creative solutions to unique legal problems.
- Takes the lead role in negotiations that are extremely complex, strategic or sensitive in nature. Understands the business clients position and needs. Considers the long-term business and strategic consequences of possible outcomes.
- Delivers difficult messages or news, or challenges the client when necessary; responds to client challenges to advice directly and effectively.
- Establishes a wide network of relationships; builds rapport with associates at all levels within the General Counsel department and the business client.
- May train or mentor less experienced attorneys or paralegals on procedural or legal issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school.
- Maintains an active license in the state in which the position is located.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 – 7 years of experience in corporate transactional real estate, and in particular, commercial retail real-estate.
- Must have familiarity with the following areas: shopping center leasing, reciprocal easement and operating agreements, development agreements and property dispositions
- The successful candidate will have immediate client interaction and should be able to excel in a fast-paced environment handling a wide variety of complex real estate matters.
- Has significant experience with or knowledge of an area of law; complex legal practices and procedures.
- Considered as a subject matter legal expert regarding shopping center real estate transactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for contacts with all levels of management and clients.
- Ability to lead, initiate, organize and coordinate complex projects and/or cases that crosses functional or business lines.
- Takes the lead role in negotiations that are extremely complex, strategic or sensitive in nature. Has leadership and management skills: team building concepts, motivating and influencing.
- Sound business acumen and knowledge of the business goals and objectives as they relate to the matter at hand. Based on role, this position understands staff/team coaching and development techniques.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org