Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Corporate Counsel to provide
support to its legal team on a wide range of matters. For more than 90
years, our world-class teams of trusted advisors and creative experts
have helped clients strengthen their brands, reputations and bottom
lines. Hill+Knowlton Strategies is part of WPP, one of the worlds
largest communications services groups, and has 85 offices in more than
45 countries. This position can be based in NYC or Austin, TX.
Duties & Responsibilities:
reviews, and negotiates a variety of complex commercial contracts,
including, but not limited to: global professional services agreements;
subcontractor agreements; vendor agreements, influencer and talent
engagements; eCommerce agreements; SaaS; partnership agreements; data
transfer and information security agreements; and confidentiality
- Works closely with the Contracts & Compliance
Manager to monitor the contract life-cycle, including drafts,
modifications, amendments and renewals.
- Assists the business
development team in their response to legal inquiries pertaining to
requests for proposal and requests for information.
- Assists in
the implementation of employee best practice policies and procedures,
including: corporate and commercial law; intellectual property; privacy;
data security; social media guidelines; and conflicts and ethics.
as an H+K employee liaison to provide guidance regarding parent company
(WPP) policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, functional
performance standards, and program objectives.
- Assists with the compliance of governmental regulations such as FARA and LDA.
- Collaborates with the Legal Team and Global CFO on other legal matters, as needed.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required.
- Member in good standing of any U.S. state bar.
- 6-8 years experience as a licensed attorney.
ideal candidate will be a self-starter, well-organized with excellent
written and verbal communication skills who can work collaboratively
with the Legal Team, IT, Finance, Business Development Team, Human
Resources, and our clients and vendors.
- Experience with federal laws and regulations including FARA and LDA.
- Experience with Privacy law, including GDPR and CCPA.
- In-house counsel experience.
and knowledge in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a variety of
commercial contracts, particularly SaaS and partnership agreements.
- International transactions and business experience is a plus.
- Professional demeanor and a team player with high degree of confidentiality is a must.
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight.
- Ability to multitask daily activities with ad hoc legal projects.
What the role can offer you:
- The ability to work for an iconic, established agency
benefits packageincluding healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching,
medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours &
location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org