Alternate Remote Location: Washington, DC
LexisNexis, a leader in legal publishing, seeks a recently practicing attorney with 5 years of experience in the financial institutions regulatory practice area to join an exciting new division to help draft content and develop online legal products, tools and solutions for attorneys. Recent, first-hand knowledge of the regulatory requirements facing financial services institutions, as well as the legal process and associated workflow to help inform content development and strategic direction. This role combines the experience of a former practicing attorney with product development and marketing as the person in this role will develop content for online legal products.
- Develop, edit and/or write practical guidance on how to conduct tasks and analyze issues relevant to the bank regulatory practice area
- Draft, review, and annotate relevant form documents and checklists
- Manage internal editors and external authors to ensure timely delivery of content
- Help deliver a compelling and all-purpose practical guidance legal product offering across targeted markets as a member of a multi-disciplined team of content developers, product planners, IT specialists, external consultants, and marketing and sales reps
- Make recommendations concerning overall content strategy and expansion
- Monitor the bank regulatory practice area for trends/news
- Assist in delivering customer facing messaging/marketing, sales, and customer training/customer service
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience (preferably with an AMLaw 100/200 firm) as a bank regulatory attorney
- Significant substantive regulatory and transactional experience in bank regulatory practice area with expertise in advising domestic and foreign banks, insurance companies, credit card companies, mortgage banks, investment banks and other financial institutions on regulatory matters and financial institutions M&A, including experience drafting contracts involving financial products and services and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals for the underlying business arrangements
- Experience in financial reform legislation and regulatory application and review requirements, such as Dodd-Frank, Basel III, the Volcker Rule, SIFIs, swap dealer requirements, anti-money laundering rules, the Bank Secrecy Act, consumer protection initiatives of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Excellent writing, editing, and online legal research skills
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Word, Excel, and in conducting online research
- Strong practical writer with the ability to write effectively and concisely
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Experience with editing, presenting CLEs, and/or drafting client alerts is a plus
- Active bar membership in good standing
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or accommodationsrelx.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org