Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the worlds leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG Staff Counsel.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Provides legal advice and representation to AIG and/or the insured in legal matters while minimizing legal and indemnity exposure. Handle cases of moderate complexity and financial exposure; may handle higher exposure cases as part of a legal team / training development activity.
1. Examine reports, evidence and other relevant data to determine advisability of proceeding with litigation.
2. Analyze probable outcomes through knowledge and research of legal precedents.
3. Develop and execute trial and/or pre-trial strategy for most cost effective outcome.
4. Draft legal papers, perform research, and handle project work for the office.
5. Negotiate settlements on behalf of the insured and/or AIG.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 10+ related insurance trial experience, GL highly preferred
- Strong & effective communications
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and claims peers
- Detailed knowledge of local statutes, regulations and case law
- Ability to develop manage and monitor pre-trial and trial strategies
- Knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures
- Ability to advise core and associate staff on technical issues
- Ability to litigate the moderately complex cases in the specified jurisdiction
- JD Required; Must be admitted and able to practice Law in one or more Jurisdiction
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com