Aspect employs a
team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer
engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by
creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked
communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has
enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the
forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Software, Inc. is a global industry leader in the contact-center
technology space headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts. Aspect has
offices throughout the world, with approximately 1,250 employees.
The Associate General Counsel position is very much a generalist role with responsibilities that include:
- Provide legal advice to senior management on strategic and transactional matters and critical corporate initiatives;
complex contract negotiations with key customers, vendors, and partners
and collaborate with various cross-functional teams;
- Respond to and manage customer, supplier, and other third-party disputes and pre-litigation matters;
- Provide legal counsel on employment law, intellectual property, data privacy, and export control matters;
general corporate transactional matters, including legal drafting of
commercial documents, including Software as a Service agreements,
license agreements, partner agreements, OEM contracts, supplier and
- Provide regulatory advice related to company’s business activities and corporate initiatives; and
- Litigation management.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated competency in drafting legal documents, contract terms, and legal memoranda;
written and oral communication skills are essential. This includes the
ability to clearly present information, in writing and orally, and
respond to questions from executives, managers, customers, and other
employees with a focus on client service;
to communicate complex information and legal concepts to a broad range
of clients, from staff employees to executive management;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines;
- Ability to train non-legal company staff on corporate legal/contract policies; and
- Experience with intellectual property matters, including licensing, trademark, patents, and copyright a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years of combined training in law firm and in house experience strongly preferred
- JD degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school; excellent academic credentials
- Admitted in good standing to practice law in at least one state in the U.S.
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com