Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
Why we need you.
Our clients deserve the best. As Lead Counsel, Tax and ERISA, youll have an opportunity to work closely with other talented legal professionals and sophisticated business partners to provide advice on complex legal issues. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
- Providing legal advice with respect to tax qualification and application of ERISA and federal securities laws and regulations to employee benefit plans.
- Analyzing the impact of complex legal and regulatory developments on the retirement plans of our clients and communicating the impact on a timely basis to internal associates and clients.
- Providing practical and solution-oriented advice on the design, implementation and marketing of financial services products to employee benefit plans and plan fiduciaries.
- Counseling on the design and implementation of qualified plan recordkeeping processes and procedures and applying the fiduciary responsibility and prohibited transaction provisions of ERISA to transactions involving clients plans.
Required skills and qualifications:
- JD from an accredited law school, a member of the Bar in good standing (any state), and the ability to become licensed for in-house practice if not licensed in the applicable state.
- In-depth understanding and experience (7+ years) working on a wide variety of Internal Revenue Code and ERISA issues involving Section 401(a) qualified retirement plans, Section 403(b) and Section 457 plans. Experience with Stable Value Insurance Products would be a plus.
- Large law firm or financial services in-house experience is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, research and verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to successfully work with internal colleagues, external counsel and other third parties at senior levels.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to consult with all levels of management.
- A self-starter who is business focused and conditioned to high pressure from a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize tasks, organize and coordinate work while showing initiative, independence and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Results focused, hard-working, hands on and creative.
- Detail-oriented and flexible with a strong work ethic.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Why Join Us.
Weve been around since 1851. During our history, weve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 Worlds Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. Its more than our company structure its our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org