Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility or by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
SunTrust Bank is currently seeking an Attorney in our Charlotte, NC office. This position is in the Corporate/Enterprise legal group of SunTrust Banks, Inc. and affiliates and will report to the Deputy General Counsel in charge of the Corporate/Enterprise legal group.
Position Duties: Attorney responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice and assistance as part of existing Corporate/Enterprise legal team, to support the following functions: Providing legal support for a wide variety of commercial financing and real estate transactions, including negotiating, drafting and reviewing letters of intent, commitment letters, loan documents, UCC statements, lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, vendor agreement and master service agreements, broker agreements, deeds, easement agreements, non-disturbance agreements and other real estate related legal documents
Maintaining and updating legal forms Managing closing matters as they arise, including checklists, title and survey review and clearance matters, legal descriptions, attention to all closing and post-closing matters, and management of on-line database of closing documents
Providing support in connection with the development and maintenance of standard documentation system
Maintaining entity records, including entity formation, preparing authority documents and resolutions, and managing form files
Performing legal research on issues pertaining to real estate, corporate and finance matters Assisting in preparation and filing with SEC of Section 16 reporting/statements of beneficial ownership of company securities by directors and executive officers (SEC Forms 3, 4 and 5)
Corporate Governance Assisting with updates to Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Governance Guidelines and Board Committee Charters and related Checklists as appropriate. Maintaining files and SharePoint sites of official Corporate records
Board of Directors Assistance with planning and preparing for meetings, development of agendas, coordination, preparation and submission of meeting materials and resolutions. Processing meeting minutes. Administering Diligent Board Books platform. Preparing payment requests for Board compensation. Scheduling onboarding activities for new Directors and maintaining director handbooks
Securities Trading Communicating trading guidelines/blackout information to applicable insiders. Facilitating pre-clearance process for applicable insiders.
Annual Shareholders Meeting – assisting with Meeting planning, execution and script. Coordinating proxy preparation/mailing and Director and Officer questionnaires. Facilitating monitoring of vote tabulation. Preparing annual reporting to NYSE
ESG Matters Assist Head of Corporate Social Responsibility in legal and policy matters related to annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report and key disciplines for ESG, including: environmental sustainability, community relations, stakeholder engagement, diversity & inclusion, and governance matters
****This is a multi-level posting and the qualified candidate will be placed in the appropriate level based on his/her experience.****
- J.D. from accredited law school and strong academic credentials
- 2-6 years law firm experience with concentration in general corporate or commercial real estate transactional practice
Experience and skills for the role include the following:
- Ability to manage competing priorities on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment and with high level of autonomy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent computer-assisted research, due diligence and analysis skills ? Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
- Ability to track and manage projects and tasks with multiple deadlines on a regular basis and with high level of autonomy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, excel and other word processing applications and database management applications
- Proficiency in outside counsel billing/file management systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular emphasis on drafting abilities
- Well-organized, proactive self-starter able to prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously with associated pressure of handling multiple competing and changing deadlines
- Able to work independently, but in a team environment
- Experience handling moderately complex problems and interacting with other departments to resolve issues
- Enthusiastic self-starter and team player with One Team approach and Client First attitude
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment preferably with a large commercial lending institution (such as experience working with common company systems such as legal invoicing systems, matter and document management systems, and e-signature systems)
- Experience with data analytics and form automation knowledge a plus
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org