The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade Local Commuting Area (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Eligible applications received before/on the next cut-off date of 02/24/2020will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration.
Please include full contact information (name, address, phone number, email) for references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides exemplary customer service to include greeting, professional appearance, positive attitude, and approaching the customer, suggestive selling and adding on.
- Completes retail reports and submits to management.
- Operates the POS terminal, scans, verifies retail price, verifies product information, processes proper type of sale/return in terminal, properly secures credit card information and delivers receipt to customer.
- Stocks and maintains the sales floor according to daily sales plan. Stays current with merchandise assortment
- Provides on the job training to new sales store clerks as needed.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment check(s) and security forms for NSA.
- NSA Requirements: Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain access to National Security Agency facilities and networks. Incumbent may be subject to polygraph testing and must meet NSA personnel security requirements as outlined in NSA/CSS Policy.
- Test Designated Position: In accordance with NSA Policy and Executive Order 12564 this position is subject to random drug testing as a condition of employment.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and favorable results of fingerprints, Installation Record Checks, and a Credit Check to determine suitability for this position.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and ability to maintain a favorable Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and/or polygraph examination to determine suitability for this position.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time bend, stoop and reach with arms over head
- Repeatedly and frequently lift and move 40 pounds.
- During special events may be required to work outdoors to support retail operation under tents.
- May be required work in non-air conditioned spaces.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's permit.
To see a full position description of a Sales Store Clerk click here
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
-Knowledge of a point of sale system is required to service patrons on a timely basis and to maintain correct inventory.
-Knowledge of exemplary customer service skills.
-Knowledge of basic arithmetic is required when receiving cash for sales and making change.
Highly Preferred Criteria: are those candidates that possess both the minimum qualifications and:
1. Possess one (1) year work experience utilizing all of the following: automated time and attendance record keeping systems, Microsoft Office, retail Point of Sale(POS) system.
2. Possess one (1) year work experience working in a retail operation such as a clothing gift shop or convenience store taking payments, making change, ability to type 40 words per minute (WPM)
3. Possess one (1) year work experience in a clerical or retail setting performing arithmetic problems, and identifying sales trends.
***Those candidates who meet all of the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https: publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf )
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent Agency Notification of Personnel Action
- DA Form 3433
- Professional References
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org