Managing Counsel, Privacy
Fiserv seeks a Privacy Counsel to join our Legal Privacy Team. This role focuses on monitoring compliance with data privacy rules and regulations focusing on Fiservs data analytics business and will include providing legal advice to business partners in the area of data privacy, facilitating compliance, developing and enforcing established policies and working closely with internal stakeholders in various corporate functions to analyze and respond to privacy-related issues and questions.
In this role, you will:
- Provide proactive guidance on privacy and data security issues across legal and compliance teams to drive partnership, knowledge-sharing and efficiency.
- Serve as legal subject matter expert and advise on corporate practices across all legal and regulatory aspects
- Support growth of new business opportunities by analyzing privacy implications of new data driven products and services and providing guidance on minimizing privacy compliance risk, and as needed, conduct risk assessments related thereto.
- Monitor changes in applicable privacy laws; prepare updates and communicate with internal clients to keep them abreast of these developments.
- Respond to inquiries from a wide range of groups across the company and providing actionable advice and legal counsel regarding same.
- Advise on potential business impact of GLBA, HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, proposed NIST Privacy Framework and other global laws and regulations.
- Draft, develop, implement and maintain privacy policies, procedures, notices and guidelines.
- Draft and negotiate related provisions of commercial and technology contracts, including data usage and license agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, customer agreements, data transfer and data protection agreements.
- Creatively build upon and drive awareness around privacy and data security issues.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to cross-functional teams including business Operations, Marketing, Procurement, IT, HR and other stakeholders
- Develop guidelines, training and tools to support accountability and compliance across the organization
What do we need from you?
- Juris Doctor or LLM from an accredited law school. (In good standing with the State Bar with no disciplinary record.)
- STEM background.
- Minimum 8 years experience with at least 4 years in a global corporate legal department, with substantial focus on data analytics.
- Experience with technology, digital media and fin tech.
It would be fantastic if you also have:
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Companys policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org