nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR).
nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers
for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications.
Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with
operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
and provides legal support to senior management, sales and operational
teams, human resources, and supply chain teams in pursuing business
opportunities and negotiating and performing agreements with commercial
and government entities.
- Provides legal, compliance and business
risk analysis on wide variety of proposed transactions and
relationships and ensures ongoing compliance with legal and contractual
- Provides legal and strategic business advice to
business partners on a wide variety of compliance matters, including
anti-corruption, data privacy, cyber security, government contracting
(emphasis on FAR and DFARS), supplier certification, ITAR, IP rights,
and export matters.
- Manages U.S. Government contracting
compliance program, including development and implementation of
compliance framework including assessment program, preparation of
policies, procedures and other tools to enable compliant bidding and
performance of contracts.
- Develops, administers, and presents
templates, policies and training initiatives to build, enhance and
promote an effective corporate compliance program and ensure compliance
with applicable legal and contract requirements and nLIGHT policies and
- Performs legal activities related to the acquisitions
of new businesses and dispositions of existing businesses, including
participating in due diligence reviews and negotiations of pertinent
- Directs the defense of nLIGHT against suits or claims while working with and managing outside counsel on an as-needed basis.
support to HR team members and advises them on implementation of HR
initiatives under applicable privacy, labor and employment laws.
with global external subject matter experts and outside counsel when
necessary and acts as the interface between nLIGHT business teams and
such experts and outside counsel.
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree and active state bar membership.
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate legal environment or private practice of corporate legal matters.
- Experience in U.S. Federal Government contracting.
- Combination of nationally recognized law firm and in-house experience; government contracting experience preferred.
knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal
Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Superior organizational, analytical and communication skills, oral and written.
- Strategic thinker with excellent judgment as well and ability to see the “big picture.”
- Demonstrated excellence at assessing risk and the implementation of proportional mitigation strategies.
- Collaborative nature; able to function within a team environment with a high level of engagement and motivation.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Commercial acumen able to balance legal risk with business objectives with a solution orientated mindset.
personal skills and confidence, with an ability to work under own
initiative, often under cost or time critical conditions.
- Proficient in working with diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestic and international) up to 15% travel time.
- Eligibility for a Department of Defense Secret/Top Security clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com