*** Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information. ***
The IMCOM G-9 mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
APG – Where innovation and imagination protect, enable, and sustain our Nation's War fighter today and tomorrow.
This position is located within the Community Recreation Division – Swimming Pools (APG North and South).
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager or pool supervisor.
- Performs life guarding duties and employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility.
- Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21.
- Attends aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Keeps accurate records and adequate supplies.
- Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies. Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards.
- Provides information to swimmers regarding safety rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions.
- Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required. Maintains daily logs and records as required.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty. Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtained the Hepatitis B vaccination serious within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Successfully complete all required background checks to include a health screening.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications:
- Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis)
- American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis)
- First Aid
Highly Desirable: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Lifeguard Instructor Certification; OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Water Safety Instructor Certification
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
** MWR SUMMER HIRE JOB FAIR – Date: Feb 8, 2020, 10am – 2pm. Location: Aberdeen Recreation Center, BLDG 3326. Come prepared to be interviewed and selected on site. For additional information visit https: www.apgmwr.com **
The APG CRD Pool Operations will be offering Red Cross Lifeguard Certifications for selected candidates at a price of $150.00 – payment is due at time of registration (other payment arrangements can be made as coordinated). Candidates must pass a basic swimming ability test which consists of a two (2) minute thread with no hands and a 300 yard swim as part of the eligibility to take the test.
- Class is scheduled on June 5-7, 2020
The APG CRD Pool Operations will be offering Red Cross Lifeguard Re-Certifications at a price of $50.00 . Payment is due at time of registration.
- Class is scheduled on May 23-24, 2020
You can contact the APG Outdoor Recreation to register via phone number (410) 278-4124, email apgoutdoorrecreationgmail.com or by visiting www.apgmwr.com for more information. Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday from 10am to 4pm.
Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00 pm (EST) on Monday -Thursday and by 3:00 pm (EST) Friday on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https: publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf )
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Highly Desirable, Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Competency and Integrity Certification
1. Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (e.g. Military Spouse Preference, Involuntarily Separated Military Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
2. If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
3. Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433-Aplication for Nonappropriated Fund Employment
- ISMP Card for Involuntarily Separated Military Personnel
- Marriage Certificate (accepted only if dependent name is not listed on PCS orders)
- Certifcation(s): Lifeguard, CPR and AED, First Aid
- Highly Desirable Certification(s): Lifeguard Instructor or Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com