Senior Healthcare Attorney
Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
The Publix Legal team is growing and is now looking for a Senior Healthcare Attorney at the headquarters location in Lakeland, FL.
The positions primary purpose is to manage and advise stakeholders with respect to legal/regulatory risk associated with Pharmacy Retail Business Unit and Pharmacy Warehouse operations and business initiatives. This includes supporting the Pharmacy Retail Business Unit, all retail Pharmacy locations and the Pharmacy Warehouse with day-to-day regulatory and other legal issues. This position also may have a management function within the Legal Department.
The responsibilities include:
- Analyze/assess legal/regulatory risk associated with Pharmacy RBU and Pharmacy Warehouse activities & initiatives, provide legal advice on regulatory, transactional, legislative, agency enforcement and other healthcare/pharmacy related legal and compliance issues, and develop and recommend solutions designed to satisfy customer needs
- Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate healthcare/pharmacy contract terms in a manner designed to protect Publix Super Markets Inc.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to respond to agency inquiries and resolve agency concerns and administrative enforcement actions
- Represent Legal Department on project teams as a subject matter expert for healthcare/pharmacy regulatory, transactional, legislative, agency enforcement and other healthcare/pharmacy related legal and compliance issues.
- Support Publixs Pharmacy Compliance Program.
- Develop and maintain professional proficiency
- Juris Doctor degree
- Member of a state bar association
- 4 years of Pharmacy Law or 7 years of general Healthcare Law practice experience
- Broad Health law experience, including experience with HIPAA and privacy, billing, reimbursement and managed care, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and conditions of participation, controlled substances regulation, licensing, False Claim Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute and Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and health care transactions.
Hours of Work
Minimum 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay
Minimum Base Pay
Maximum Base Pay
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus
190,255 – 286,000
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one months extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
? Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
? An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
? 401(k) retirement savings plan
? Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
? Group dental plan
? Group vision plan
? Sick pay
? Long-term disability insurance
? Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
? Tuition reimbursement
? Vacation pay
? Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
? Paycheck direct deposit
? Credit union
? Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
? 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their managers approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
3300 Publix Corporate Parkway
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com