Under the supervision of a senior attorney, the experienced Agency Attorney 2 will engage in difficult and complex legal matters that will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Represent NYCHA in Civil Court-Housing Part, negotiate, draft and appear before Judge for stipulations of settlement involving non-payment, holdover and repair cases.
2. Research and prepare non-payment and holdover termination cases for Trial and argue them before a Housing Court Judge. Determine the advisability of presenting witnesses, admissibility of types of evidence and matters of legal strategy.
3. Prepare briefs, motions, legal opinions, affidavits, memoranda and other legal papers.
4. Represent and defend NYCHA in repair cases commenced by residents; negotiate stipulations of settlement, argue motions, and may proceed to trial on said repair cases; contact and advise Developments and assist in access dates for the repairs. Confer with skilled trades and technical services to ensure repairs are completed as expeditiously as possible.
5. Appear and represent NYCHA in the position of Judgment Creditor in Bankruptcy Court; prepare and file appropriate motions to ensure all pre-petition and post-petition rent is collected by the Authority.
6. Perform other related duties.
Note: The selected candidate will be required to maintain confidentiality regarding all NYCHA proceedings.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
2. One year of satisfactory United States legal experience subsequent to admission to any state bar; or
3. Six months of satisfactory service as an Agency Attorney Interne (30086).
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements:
To be assigned to Assignment Level (AL) II, candidates must have one year of experience at Assignment Level I or two years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment. To be assigned to AL III candidates must have two years of experience in Assignment Levels I and/or II or three years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment.
2. Ability to work well under pressure in a court room setting.
3. Good time management skills.
2. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
3. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com