The Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) at the SEC operates under Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. OMWI is responsible for all matters related to diversity in management, employment and business activities at the SEC.
Learn more about this agency
- Leads efforts to develop and implement plans for near and long-term diversity outreach efforts, stakeholder involvement and various public engagement efforts. Work includes personally attending conferences and other events as well as supporting all levels of SEC staff in outreach initiatives.
- Plans and executes Agency's workforce diversity outreach and recruitment initiatives on day to day basis for SEC divisions and offices. Supports outreach on other OMWI matters as required, including those relating to supplier diversity and regulated entity diversity.
- Develops and executes outreach strategies, including communications and social media efforts, to recruit targeted audiences, including candidates for senior and/or mission-critical positions, and students from women's colleges and minority-serving institutions.
- Creates and fosters effective collaborative relationships with OMWI partners, professional associations, organizations and educational institutions to attract candidates for positions at all levels, including managers, supervisors, and senior officers.
- Monitors and evaluates impact of diversity outreach and engagement efforts, including responsibility for updating databases and generating reports. Supports preparation of OMWI's annual report to Congress.
- Plans, organizes, promotes, and hosts internal and external programming to further OMWI's mission, including substantial logistical coordination. Represents the SEC/OMWI at internal/external meetings as well as professional seminars and conferences, including extensive public speaking engagements.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
- Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
- This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
- DRUG TESTING: This position may be subjected to drug testing requirements.
- PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This position is in the collective bargaining unit.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-in-grade for this announcement is one year at the GS/SK-13 level.Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:SK-14: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 level. Specialized experience includes the following:
Knowledge of Financial Industry preferred but not required.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments, please visit http: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SURPLUS OR DISPLACED FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) are available to individuals who have special priority selection rights under this plan. Individuals must be well-qualified for this position to receive consideration for special priority selection. CTAP or ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified when receiving an adjudicated score of 80 or higher.
*SEC EMPLOYEES: OHR will verify your competitive service eligibility via the SEC's personnel database.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
LAND MANAGEMENT WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY ACT (LMWFA): The LMWFA provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. For more information, click here .
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
SEC COMPENSATION PROGRAM: For questions regarding SEC pay setting practices, please click here .
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at the SEC, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process here . Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for SEC Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination. Applicants who believe they have been discriminated against on any EEO basis can seek recourse through the SEC's administrative complaints process. To be timely, an individual must enter the EEO process within 45 days from when they know (or should have known) of the alleged discrimination. Click here for additional information.
TTY/ASCII: Video Relay Service users are welcome to contact the appropriate SEC office or employee via the contact information listed above. If you do not otherwise have access to a Video Phone or Video Relay service, you may send us an email or use the Federal Video Relay Service via the internet. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service and to create a new account, please see: http: fedvrs.us/
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Compliance, Oral Communication, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, and Written Communication
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10883172 .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
You must provide a complete Application Package, which includes:
- Required: Your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- Required: Your complete and comprehensive resume that includes a complete history of your work experience and the applicable employment dates with months and years. To determine if you qualify for this position, OHR will review your work history that is relevant to the specific position for which you applied. If you are an external candidate selected for this position, OHR will review your complete work history to establish your starting salary. If you are a current SEC employee selected for this position, the standard percentage increases will be applied (i.e., 6% for non-supervisory and 8% for supervisory positions) if your selection results in a promotion. If your selection results in lateral movement (i.e. no change in grade) you will maintain your current salary. Note: Your resume must directly address the definition of specialized experience listed in the qualification section of this announcement and must NOT contain pictures. For external candidates: Information on how your resume will be used for pay setting purposes can be found here .
- Required, if you are a current or former Federal employee*: A recent copy of an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing title, series, grade, and full performance level (FPL). Your SF-50 must also demonstrate your eligibility for a competitive service position.
- Required, if applicable: CTAP/ICTAP documentation (a copy of a separation notice or other proof of eligibility for priority selection; a copy of an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing current position, grade, promotion potential, and duty location; AND a copy of your most recent performance appraisal.)
- Required, if applicable: VEOA documentation (DD-214, member 4 copy or other documentation containing dates of service and character of discharge.)
- Required, if applicable: Special Hiring Authority eligibility documentation (VA letter, Schedule A eligibility letter, Peace Corp letter, etc)
- Required, if applicable: Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act supporting documentation.