Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
HII – Techical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking an IT Helpdesk Coordinator at our customer site in Ft Rucker, AL.
The Helpdesk Coordinator will manage a group of technicians at Ft Rucker in support of the Army TRADOC mission as they continue to expand their capabilities in areas such as virtual learning and cloud migration. You will be leading team efforts to deliver training more efficiently and effectively as part of the IT backbone that provides warfighters with the knowledge they need to perform their duties. Working with other support professionals, you ll interact directly with trainers and students to boost their confidence in using technology throughout the training process.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Managing a team that will handle 6,300 tickets per year
* Supporting VIP military customers who are attending or delivering critical training sessions
* Collecting information to provide weekly reports
* Collaborate with teams in other locations to provide network and desktop support to over 6.500 users
* Maintain responsibility for metrics such as Time to Resolution (TTR) and overall customer satisfaction with helpdesk staff
* Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing technical problems.
* Respond to technical issues as they arise.
* Initiate customer contact, escalate to appropriate parties and resolve incidents
* Bachelors degree and 5 year minimum managing IT Helpdesk Operations within a DoD environment.
* Security+ Certification
* Written and verbal communication skill, to include presentation development to senior ranking government officials.
* Clearance: Must have an active Secret clearance.
* CISSP preferred
* Army TRADOC experience is a plus
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.