AMENDMENT: Closing period extended to 8/31/2020.
This position is located in the Division of Depositor & Consumer Protection, Administrative Management & Operations Branch, Headquarters of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of administrative and financial management support services.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for sensitive, confidential and complex projects and difficult assignments. This involves responsibility for developing and recommending proposals for increasing the effectiveness of the Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) administrative programs. Oversees the full range of human resource management issues including labor and employee relations, travel management, procurement, contracting, facilities, and security. Assures compliance with Corporation and Division policies and procedures and oversees and/or implements the mechanics of administrative control procedures.
- Develops and coordinates with other Divisions recommendations on the full range of human resource management issues including recruitment, performance management, disciplinary and adverse actions, merit promotions and placement, position management and classification, equal employment opportunity, employee benefit programs, and travel and union issues. Ensures that recommendations adopted are implemented on a nationwide basis.
- Serves as the principal assistant and technical advisor to the Deputy Director on matters related to strategic and annual planning, core staffing, budgeting and financial management and reporting. Initiates, coordinates and advises in the formulation and implementation of the division's staffing projections, goals and objectives, and budget policies. The incumbent is relied upon for analytical review of documents requiring the approval of top level officials, and is responsible for advising them of the existence, nature and extent of possible ramifications of proposed policies or courses of action. Proposes alternative courses of action upon consultation with area specialists or upon own initiative.
- Coordinates the Division's analysis of core staffing and development of annual financial performance and strategic plans. Monitors workload assumptions and tracks trends and patterns to help the Division predict and plan for changes in the industry as they impact programs of the Division.
- Develops, tracks, assesses, and reports the Division's progress in achieving the Corporate and Divisional business plan goals and objectives. Analyzes current and projected workload assumptions within the Division to ensure balanced staffing levels.
Conditions of Employment
THIS IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT NOT TO EXCEED 4 MONTHS. The selectee will be given a temporary promotion if eligible or be placed on a lateral detail if already serving at the advertised grade level on a permanent basis. This assignment may be terminated early or extended based on management's needs. If temporarily promoted, the temporary promotion cannot exceed five (5) years, nor can it be made permanent. If the duration of the assignment is one year or less, the employee will be returned to a position that is comparable to his or her permanent position (i.e., same series, grade, and duty location) in the same or successor Division/Office. If, however, the temporary assignment exceeds one year (including extensions beyond one year of the initial temporary appointment of one year or less), and the position is in a different Division/Office from the employee's permanent Division/Office, the employee will not be returned to his or her permanent position of record. Instead, the employee will be placed in a position comparable to his or her permanent position of record (at the same grade and pay) in the Division/Office and duty location where the temporary assignment is located. Since the extension of a temporary promotion beyond one (1) year will directly impact the employee's return rights to his or her permanent Division/Office, the employee must concur in advance with any extension of the temporary assignment beyond one (1) year.
At the end of the temporary promotion (if temporarily promoted), the employee's basic pay will be set at the rate received prior to being temporarily promoted, regardless of the length of the temporary promotion. The pay rate shall be increased to reflect pay increases (if any) received while temporarily promoted, as long as the resulting rate does not exceed the new range maximum.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here .
CM-01: To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the CG-13 grade level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience responsible for managing, planning, directing, and overseeing the full range of administrative and human resource management programs to include personnel, human resources development and utilization, space and facilities, strategic planning, budget and financial management.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors – if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
Failure to provide all of the required documentation as stated in this vacancy announcement, may result in an ineligible determination or may affect your consideration status. Please review the following to determine your eligibility and which document(s) is required to complete your application:
FDIC EMPLOYEES: Submit a final digitally signed copy of your most recent Annual Performance Appraisal and Evaluation form. The final PDF form is also acceptable.
If you want to be considered non-competitively include a copy of your SF-50. The SF-50 must show the highest grade level or full performance level applicant has attained competitively on a permanent basis, and grade must be equivalent or higher than the grade for which applying.