Reporting to the General Counsel, the Sr. Director and Assistant General Counsel will provide guidance and legal support to Finance and Business Development. S/he will manage public company reporting and securities filings, assist in matters relating to the Board of Directors and Investor Relations, and play a leading role in corporate matters and transactions. The Sr. Director and Assistant General Counsel will assist the General Counsel in preventing or minimizing legal risk to the company and driving legal strategy in alignment with the companys strategic goals. The incumbent will also keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the company, and assist with educating clients of changes in the legal and regulatory landscape.
Experience with the life sciences industry either in-house or in private practice is required.
- Reporting to General Counsel, the Sr. Director and Assistant General Counsel will provide support to Finance and Business Development.
- Act as the lead attorney for public company reporting and securities filings.
- Provide primary legal support for corporate transactions, working closely with and providing guidance and legal support to Finance and Business Development functions.
- Play a leading role in preparation of proxy materials and the annual shareholder meeting.
- Provide legal advice regarding equity compensation and review corporate instruments and documentation related thereto.
- Manage corporate matters related to legal entities.
- Assist in matters related to Board of Directors and investor relations activities.
- Provide advice on other general legal and contractual matters as needed.
- Juris Doctorate degree and an active license to practice law is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of practice as an attorney either in-house or in private practice is required.
- Expertise with respect to public company reporting and securities filings as well as equity compensation is a must have.
- Experience with corporate transactions, in particular M&A.
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients. Comfortable in front of partners, outside advisors, peers and senior management in both leading and supporting roles.
- Ability to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Proven analytical capacity, superior financial and business judgment; ability to recognize business impact of legal advice.
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Travel may be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.