Working with NYRA internal stakeholders, the Associate General Counsel will collaborate with business partners to understand business unit responsibilities and translate them into insights and actions to protect and maintain NYRAs intellectual property, regulatory authorizations and legal rights.
The responsibilities of the Associate General Counsel will include drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound licensing agreements, wagering agreements, broadcasting agreements, content rights acquisition and advising on rights and intellectual property issues.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage wide range of legal agreements while minimizing business risk.
- Advise internal business clients on contract interpretation and negotiation.
- Interpret applicable gaming laws and regulations and advise internal business clients as to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Attend regular meetings with the New York Gaming Commission to discuss matters of common concern and represent NYRA in various proceedings before the New York Gaming Commission.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Ensures that business units understand, incorporate and follow NYRAs Shared Values and the following Supporting Behaviors:
- Values Others
- Achieves Excellence
- Enhances the Guest Experience
- Demonstrates Business Knowledge
- Coaches and Develops (for those who supervise others)
- Motivates and Empowers (for those who supervise others)
- Education: Must have a J.D.
- Experience: 5+ years of transactional and/or intellectual property experience at a law firm.
- Other (certifications): Admission to New York State Bar.
- Sports, entertainment, or gaming experience preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, drafting, analytical and reporting skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written and listening
- Team player and change agent willing to take on all tasks, large and small
- Ability to create and complete multiple project deliverables and documentation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to meet corporate and team objectives