Corporate / Junior In-House Counsel at Varonis Systems, Inc.
Varonis Systems, Inc. in [NC] seeks a junior in-house counsel. The Junior Counsel will be a key member of our Legal department, reporting to our deputy of General Counsel. The attorney in this role will have the opportunity to work closely with various departments to review contracts, ensure operational compliance, and provide ad-hoc legal support. We will provide you with autonomy and independence in your day-to-day work and give you the opportunity to self-start, drive change, manage, and lead. You will be encouraged and empowered to take initiative and have hands-on ownership of projects.
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- At least two-three years of experience working in the corporate department of a law firm, with commercial experience or for an in-house corporate legal department
- Must have knowledge and skills in software licensing, SaaS and/or e-commerce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organizations legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of clients and business partners+
- Must be legal to work in the United States
- Negotiating, reviewing, writing, drafting and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company, including outbound channel agreements (distribution agreements, reseller agreements, sale agent agreements, etc.), license agreements, NDAs, notices, termination letters, consent letters, and other correspondence
- Maintaining templates and suggesting updates, and creating new templates, as requested, for review and approval of Deputy General Counsel and/or VP and General Counsel
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Provide legal support for various go to market endeavors
- Provide specialized legal expertise in the area of software licensing
- Identify and assess legal and business risks of current commercial operations and processes
- Advising on contract status and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Collaborate with various business owners and legal colleagues to develop process improvements, templates, and operational policies
- Provide legal advice and support on customer license compliance issues and disputes
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Assisting Deputy General Counsel and/or VP and General Counsel on special projects as needed
- Providing training to the company on legal topics as needed
- Reporting to [Deputy General Counsel]
We invite you to check out our Instagram Page to gain further insight into the Varonis culture!
Varonis is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.