Senior Staff Counsel-Electronic Payments
Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving technology forward?
At Fiserv, you’ll find team environment that values partnership and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and innovative spirit is how we deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before.
What does a great Senior Staff Counsel do?
Provide legal support to Fiservs Electronic Payments business, encompassing the divisions full portfolio of technology solutions including bill payments, person-to-person payments, disbursements and other money movement services, and work with some of Fiservs most innovative and successful product lines.
Major responsibilities of this role include preparing and negotiating client, vendor, and other related agreements; providing counsel to sales, account management, product, implementation, and technology leaders on legal matters; and collaborating closely with company specialists regarding intellectual property, technology, privacy, security, regulatory, employment, and litigation matters.
As a Senior Staff Counsel You Can Look Forward To:
- Advise business partners on legal, contractual and risk matters impacting their areas of responsibility.
- Provide consultation and legal advice with respect to critical initiatives, technology projects, customer and vendor contracts, intellectual property, dispute resolution, regulatory matters, corporate policies and procedures, and administration.
- Effectively interact with corporate specialists regarding finance, audit, tax, publicity/press, intellectual property (including patent applications), litigation, regulatory, privacy and technology matters that affect the business divisions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standard methodologies and applicable legislation affecting business operations.
- Develop and maintain forms of contracts and other legal documentation.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice, or ability to become licensed to practice, in appropriate jurisdiction
- In good standing with State Bar with no disciplinary record
- Five (5) or more years proven experience preferred
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Background in financial services industry or technology, business-minded orientation with a genuine interest in learning, understanding and contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Strong understanding of laws and regulations applicable to corporations in general, specifically technology services and software licensing companies.
- Proven track record to effectively and consistently contribute in a team setting. Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications.
- Outstanding writing, presentation and negotiation skills. Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, be very organized and have an eye for detail. Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to provide sound solutions to our clients. Knows when to escalate to appropriate business leads and division counsel.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks and provide effective solutions to partners. Knows when to advance to appropriate business leads and division counsel.
- Experience interacting with leadership
Some travel required
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Companys policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.