AbbVies mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on peoples lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womens health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is looking for an accomplished patent litigator with great judgment and communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to strategically manage an active docket of global patent litigation cases. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can quickly learn AbbVies products and IP assets and get up and running with his or her own set of cases. Located at the companys headquarters in North Chicago, IL, this attorney will report to the head of AbbVies IP Litigation Group.
As a member of AbbVies patent litigation group you will not just monitor outside counsel. Instead, you will be directly engaged in developing and driving strategy for all of your matters. You will provide counsel to internal clients on patent litigation matters and other issues such as licensing disputes. You are required to have a high degree of self-sufficiency and independent judgment, but you will operate as part of a collaborative team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff, all working closely to protect AbbVies interests. Key Responsibilities
- Managing AbbVies U.S. and international patent litigation matters, driving strategy with outside counsel and partnering with key internal clients;
- Participating in key litigation proceedings, including depositions, hearings, meditations, arbitration’s, settlement conferences, and trials.
- Providing expert counsel on all patent litigation and related issues;
- Advising senior management on a broad range of key global patent litigation issues;
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
Depending on the successful candidates experience, this position will be hired at a Sr. Counsel or Counsel level
- A Juris Doctorate and admission to practice in at least one state required
- 4+ years of major law firm and/or in-house patent litigation experience
- Excellent communication, analytical, organization, and negotiation skills, including the ability to convey and discuss intellectual property issues in understandable terms.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interest and aptitude in science.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have significant Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering experience