As a Senior Lead Auditor for the Information Systems Audits Group (ISAG), you would be responsible for planning work and providing guidance to a team of staff IT auditors and specialist on highly complex IT audits that involve addressing broad program issues, policy interpretation, and the development of solutions to challenging or unusual problems.
Learn more about this agency
- Plans and provides guidance on highly complex IT audits of diverse OPM programs.
- Provides expert advice, guidance and assistance to organizations under contract to audit OPM programs.
- Leads a team in the planning, conducting and reporting of results of audits.
- Articulates team assignments, projects and problems to be solved along with deadlines and time frames for completion of work.
- Monitors and reports to the Group Chief on the status and progress of work and reviews completed work to ensure that quality standards and deadlines have been met;
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of team members, provides guidance to improve weaknesses, and provides input to the Group Chief in the completion of staff evaluations.
- Reviews completed work to ensure that deadlines and quality objectives have been met.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Basic Qualifications: Applicants must have a degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting.
Have at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. My background also includes one of the following:
(1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality;
(2) A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination;
(3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
Minimum Qualifications: In addition to the Basic Requirement, applicants must also have one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level that includes planning and preparing audit programs in order to conduct audits of complex programs; providing expert technical advice to less experienced staff members on planning and conducting government performance audits in accordance with the Government Auditing Standards (The Yellow Book); and drafting the results of audit procedures and communicating findings and recommendations to program officials, both in writing and orally.
Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS 14 level.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has a basic education requirement listed under the Qualifications section of this announcement.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: http: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to apply, adapt, or modify audit procedures and techniques.
- Ability to Lead teams and groups
- Knowledge of Auditing and Accounting concepts
All qualified Non Competitive applicants and the best qualified Merit Promotion applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to Office of Personnel Management (OPM) employees who meet the definition of surplus or displaced from a position in the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP eligibility. For more information: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Cover Letter, optional
- This position has a basic education requirement; you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts for further consideration.
- Your most recent Promotion, Within Rate Increase (WRI/WGI), or Appointment/Conversion SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held.
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable.
- CTAP Reduction-In-Force documentation, if applicable.
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.