As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist at the GS-0201-15 with a full performance level of GS-15, you will be part of Employee Services, Senior Executive Services & Performance Management, Senior Executive Resources Services, Office of Personnel Management. In this role, you will provide Government-wide policy direction, guidance, and technical assistance for selecting, developing, and managing Federal executives in the Senior Executive Service (SES) and other executive personnel systems.
Learn more about this agency
- Collaborating within Senior Executive Services and Performance Management to provide responses to legislative initiatives related to the government's executive personnel systems.
- Preparing and issuing publications related to the SES to include the Plum Book and Federal Register Notices.
- Reviewing and processing requests for noncareer appointment authorities and agency selections of political appointees for SES career appointments.
- Reviewing limited term and limited emergency appointment requests.
- Ensuring timely review of agency SES career appointment selections and administers Qualifications Review Board to certify candidate executive qualifications.
- Supporting a comprehensive personnel data system.
- Providing data to the White House, Congress, Federal agencies, oversight bodies, researchers, and other stakeholders; prepares reports, studies, and analyses.
- Developing collaborative relationships with SES program stakeholders such as professional associations, service groups, and international organizations.
- Developing and conducting training for internal and external customers.
- Serving as liaison with the OPM Director's Office, White House, Federal agencies and Review Boards.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
For the GS 15: You must have one year of experience performed at the GS-14 grade level (or equivalent) in the Federal Government managing and directing the development, implementation, and operation of a Senior Executive Service program in an Agency; and leading, planning, coordinating and managing successful completion of a variety of projects and work assignments in support of executive programs and operations.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Relocation expenses will not be paid. Current OPM employees may qualify as an exception.
The full performance level of this position is GS-15,
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
If you are a veteran and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility.
If you are a veteran and you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference click here .
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https: www.sss.gov/Home/Registration ).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the three quality categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, or Best Qualified. Qualified Category = Does not exceed the basic qualifications requirements described in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement. Well Qualified Category = Meets the basic qualifications requirements described in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the Critical Competencies defined below. (This category must be met to be considered under ICTAP procedures) Best Qualified Category = Meets the basic qualifications requirements described in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement and excels in the Critical Competencies defined below. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
HR Laws, Regulations and Principles
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job.
The assessment includes a cut score based on the minimum level of required proficiency in these critical general competencies. You must meet or exceed the cut score to be considered. You will not be considered for the position if you score below the cut score or fail to complete the assessment.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent or higher will be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 80 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Cover Letter, optional
- If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here .
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service; Current Active Duty members must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within 120 days; SF-15 Form and related documentation; VA letter.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
- Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.