Note to applicants: Resumes are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot attach a resume at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
Based in the firms Global Headquarters in Austin, TX, this counsel will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of day-to-day corporate legal needs of Dimensionals global sales, client servicing and marketing activities. This role will work with legal, compliance and business partners at all levels of the organization with respect to international, federal and state securities laws concerning the sale of investment advisory services and products globally.
- Serve as the primary legal advisor to Dimensionals Digital and Corporate Communications teams, helping them to design and execute digital marketing and social media initiatives
- Review global marketing materials related to the sale of advisory services, U.S. registered funds and UCITS
- Collaborate with Dimensional attorneys globally regarding legal, regulatory and compliance issues related to fund and investment adviser marketing, private placements, and other matters supported by the group
- Partner with global sales, client servicing, marketing, product development, research and compliance departments to identify and manage legal issues and risks regarding advisor and product registration, including, for example, the ability to market advisory services globally
- Work with and oversee outside counsel globally on a variety of legal matters, ensuring that standards for service delivery and cost are met
- 3-5+ years of practicing law in investment management, including experience with SEC and FINRA advertising rules, in a top-tier law firm or in the legal department of a broker-dealer and/or investment adviser
- Demonstrated experience reviewing a variety of broker-dealer and/or investment adviser marketing materials, including digital marketing, for legal issues specific to financial services or other regulated industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with non-lawyer business partners in a clear and understandable way
- Experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 required; experience with various foreign investment advisor laws and regulations preferred
- Self-starter that enjoys working in a team environment and can manage multiple time-sensitive projects involving different business and support groups
- JD from a top law school
- Member of a US State Bar required
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during COVID-19, the majority of Dimensionals employees are currently working remotely. Firm leadership evaluates the situation on an ongoing basis as to when employees could return to our corporate offices.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.