This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Office of Investment Funds (OIF). As an Investment Funds Specialist, you will be responsible for providing professional underwriting and monitoring of assigned investment funds and direct co-investments for DFC's private equity and venture capital Investment Funds program.
Learn more about this agency
Lead OIF in identifying, screening, underwriting and executing equity investments and debt commitments to private equity and venture capital funds as well as direct equity co-investments.
Market DFC's fund and co-investment capabilities to the emerging market private equity and venture capital community.
Underwrite fund and co-investment commitments by leveraging expertise in equity and debt underwriting and demonstrated proficiency in negotiating limited partnership agreements and direct equity investments.
Assist senior team leads in deal closings and capital calls/disbursements to funds and co-investments.
Support senior underwriters in processing transactions; manage and provide modeling and administrative support to senior underwriters; and ensure internal database is current for assigned deals.
Support senior investment professionals in representing DFC on the limited partner advisory committee (LPAC) for assigned funds, and, when appropriate, the Board of Directors of a portfolio company.
Author and present periodic investment reviews to the Office and DFC's Risk Management team.
Support senior investment professionals in the developing and executing restructuring or work-out strategies for funds and investments that fail to meet expectations.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- private equity experience focused on underwriting, management, and disposition of fund and co-investment opportunities;
- experience with private equity investment vehicles and structures, fund management process and procedures, and corporate governance;
- experience utilizing spreadsheet programs to conduct financial analyses; and
- emerging markets experience.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- experience providing analysis and recommendations to senior office professionals/executives regarding international private equity investment;
- client and stakeholder relations and ability to present complex ideas;
- creating analytical presentations/reports, developing/modifying financial models; and
- working/maintaining financial management data tracking systems to perform financial data analyses.
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes experience independently identifying, conducting due diligence, and negotiating the terms of participation in investment funds and co-investment structures.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must:
1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria;
2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and
3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility.
For more information: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp) .
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference visit: https: www.usajobs.gov/Veterans .
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https: www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
Telework Suitability : The duties of this position are suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment : Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Work Schedule : This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
Miscellaneous: DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http: www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
All qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Analytical Thinking
- Financial Risk Management
- Data Management
- Oral Communication
You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10887673
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of Veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category. Veterans' preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent will be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Your responses to the job questionnaire: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10887673
3. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)