This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer and the incumbent will serve as a senior IT Specialist responsible for overall planning and coordination of advanced support and deployment of applications and application Infrastructure, database analysis, information technology and systems.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide overall planning, coordination, and direction in the establishment and accomplishment of project goals.
- Translate broad concepts and objectives into projects and programs with specific delineation of the role for various organizational/functional elements
- Prepare requirements and manages the acquisition process for NTSB solicitations for the procurement of IT software, hardware and services.
- Analyze information systems to ensure compliance to current commercial and government standards.
- Oversee application development, testing, coordinates formal documentation preparation, and effects applications release procedures.
- Works in collaboration with OCIO to ensure compliance with security related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (see "How to Apply" section.)
- Suitability for Federal employment
- Financial Interest in transportation enterprises will be evaluated on a case-by-case-basis.
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Trial or probationary period may be required.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level) by the closing date of this announcement. Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Specialized Experience: GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 which is directly related to the work of this position. Experience in applying IT enterprise architecture principles and practices, develop systems requirements, database schema, IT system data flow; demonstrated experience of a agile software development life cycle methodology and managing a program area for an organization that consist of multiple projects and programs; and experience in Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) processes, including cost-benefit analysis and cost estimation techniques.
There is no educational requirement for this position.
- The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and various benefits as well as work life amenities such as alternate work schedules, telework, flextime, fitness and transit benefits.
- Moving expenses associated with permanent change of station (PCS) ARE NOT authorized for this position.
- If you left Federal Employment and received a buy out and you are selected for this position, you may be required to repay the full amount of the payment.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. For more information on VEOA please visit https: www.fedshirevets.gov/job-seekers/special-hiring-authorities/#veoa
- Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements identified below please visit https: www.fedshirevets.gov/job-seekers/special-hiring-authorities/
- – Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- – Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- – Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- – Other Special Appointment Authorities
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) meet the basic qualification standards (including minimum educational and experience requirements; (3) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 and above on the rating criteria for this position; and, (4) submit the appropriate documentation ( to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
- Note: ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http: www.opm.gov/qualifications .
- Telework may be authorized on a case-by-case basis.
- Multiple and subsequent vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- NTSB uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http: www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
- THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE TELEWORK.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to determine your qualifications. Experience must be clearly reflected in your resume. Applicants must first meet any mandatory education and/or licensure requirements before experience is evaluated. Failure to meet any mandatory requirement as outlined in the qualifications section will disqualify you from further consideration. If education and/or licensure requirements are met, your application will be further evaluated based on training, experience and other factors critical to successful job performance such as:
Attention to Detail
Information Technology Architecture
If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. The following documents are required for a COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE:
To fully determine eligibility, all applicable documents listed below must be submitted. Failure to submit any of the below documentation may result in your disqualification from further consideration.
— Resume: Your resume should include relevant experience and dates (month/day/year) of employment and work schedule for each (e.g., part-time XX hours per week or full-time)
— Responses to the questionnaire
— A copy of your most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" listing your Position Title, Series and Grade and Step, Tenure and Position Occupied to verify eligibility
— A copy of your most recent performance appraisal, or a statement as to why you do not have this document.
— DD-214, SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
— Noncompetitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
— Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)