A career with A Place for Mom is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers. Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day.
- Focus on excellence
- Act with integrity and assume positive intent
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of mission
- Make the lives of our families and customers better, easier, and more successful
- Realize the full potential in each team member; work as a single supportive team
The Senior Corporate Counsels primary functions are to negotiate contracts with vendors and communities; support APFMs technology group; design and administer APFMs data protection and privacy programs; manage APFMs IP portfolio; manage the department administrator; support the sales organization; and generally support the Legal Department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the General Counsel through mergers and acquisitions.
- Register, track, and protect intellectual property.
- Work with Community Network team to draft community contracts.
- Draft policies and agreements as necessary.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and resolve contract disputes.
- Liaise with Human Resources for resources and claims.
- Monitor and analyze pending legislation and assist in governmental affairs.
- Assist General Counsel with real estate transactions.
- Train and educate employees on relevant policies.
- Support finance, banking, internal financial controls, and annual audit.
- Manage department administrator.
- Register and maintain licensing for business entities.
- Lead engagement across internal business departments to identify and resolve legal and business issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed in the State of New York.
- Minimum seven to nine years business/legal experience ideally in both a law firm and corporate setting.
- Excellent attention to detail and superb organizational skills.
- Ability to navigate internal CRM database and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Meticulously track documentation and maintain organized records.
- Ability to produce results with high efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to write and edit simple, professional correspondence with a focus on a high degree of professionalism and customer-service.
- Excellent legal research, writing, and editing skills.
- Self-starter and independent working style.
- Data protection certification a plus.
The position is a salaried, exempt position.