We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formally part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services the pots, pans, soups and sauces they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel, Americas and Cell & Gene Therapy to work with our expert Legal team across the world. Do you have a passion for partnering with and advising senior business leaders? Then we would love to hear from you.
What youll do
Responsible for structuring and negotiating highly structured commercial contracts with Cytivas key strategic and corporate account customers in relation to (i) Cytivas business in the Americas, and (ii) the Cell & Gene Therapy business globally. Advise and partner with senior business leaders to help navigate legal and compliance matters associated with the business. Collaborate with fellow Legal Counsels, IP attorneys and compliance professionals across the broader Cytiva business to deliver on business and functional priorities.
Reports directly to the General Counsel for Cytiva.
- Partnering with the Cytiva business team to help identify opportunities to drive the business forward, e.g. working with business development in structuring, negotiating and closing of complex acquisitions/ to develop and enhance legal processes / templates for new business and commercial models, in relation to (i) Cytivas business in the Americas, and (ii) the Cell & Gene Therapy business globally (the Covered Businesses).
- Providing Legal & Compliance training to the Covered Businesses teams to help them identify and navigate risks that may arise during the course of doing business.
- Applying legal and business judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating strategic business agreements and transactions.
- Advising the business on compliance, privacy, antitrust, and advertising / promotional matters.
- Managing/ supporting the management of disputes and litigation.
- Managing and coaching other members of the Cytiva Legal & Compliance Team to help support a full range of legal topics including in relation to commercial contracting, supplier contracting and other areas essential to the success of the business.
- Managing outside counsel to defined budgets when brought in to assist
Who you are
- JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership. Minimum of 12 years PQE (post qualification experience.
- Significant business law experience at a large law firm or corporate legal department, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions in a regulated environment (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements), preferably with experience gained in the healthcare or life sciences industry (including the application of privacy laws such as HIPAA and/or GDPR).
- Strong project management, process and prioritization skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially with Cytiva senior management.
- Superior ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization to lead change with global, cross-functional teams with proven ability to drive operational excellence.
- Proven leader and team player with ability to manage and coach more junior colleagues.
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you will feel right at home here. If youre flexible, curious and relentless, youll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Cytiva is a 3.5 billion USD global life sciences leader with over 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to help us improve access to life-changing therapies that transform human health. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope. Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.