Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision-making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization not just when its convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values: People Accountability
Entegris is seeking an experienced, full time Senior Global Employment and Compliance Counsel to join its well-regarded Law Department. This newly created role, based in Billerica, Massachusetts and reporting to the SVP, General Counsel and Secretary, will have a wide range of responsibilities, including proactively managing and mitigating risks globally as it relates to employment law and regulations, managing and driving the corporate ethics and compliance program and supporting strategic initiatives, such as M&A. This high-profile role will provide ongoing legal counseling to senior executives and other business team members.
In this role you will
- Serve as primary legal counsel and trusted advisor to the Global HR organization, managers and legal team;
- Providing daily counselling on employment-related issues, including recruitment and hiring, compensation and benefits, accommodation requests, leaves of absence, investigations, performance reviews, disciplinary warnings, terminations, workplace safety, immigration, and international assignments;
- Drafting employment, separation, and non-competition agreements for global employee base;
- Drafting and advising on human resources policies, programs, procedures and handbooks;
- Developing and conducting training for HR and management on employment-related issues;
- Advising on compensation and employee benefits matters;
- Manage labor, employment, and compliance-related litigations, arbitrations, and agency proceedings from inception to resolution;
- Manage the corporate ethics and compliance program including investigations, training initiatives and policy oversight and development, including drafting, updating, implementing and communicating compliance and crisis management policies;
- Support the company hotline including reviewing, updating, and resolving reports received;
- Conducting, and/or supervising outside counsel and service providers in conducting confidential investigations of issues including employee relations, anti-corruption, and protection of confidential information and company assets, including travel to do so;
- Managing and support compliance program initiatives and global projects;
- Creating and conducting training on a variety of compliance and anti-corruption topics;
- Help the organization achieve and maintain compliance with relevant global, federal, and state laws and regulations as well as company policies on data protection and privacy;
- Provide support for M&A activities and other strategic transactions; and
- Assist with other matters, as assigned.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- JD degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school;
- Admitted in good standing to practice law in at least one state in the U.S.;
- At least 5-7 years of experience at a law firm or in-house; a combination of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred;
- Direct experience in legal matters related to employment law and employee relations. International experience as in-house counsel for a global organization;
- Must have experience counselling clients on employment, ethics, compliance, and international matters;
- Should have experience creating and conducting training modules and formulating policies;
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills; at ease in working in diverse / multicultural environments, possesses a global mindset and a mature personality;
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to oversee complex projects and lead to successful completion in an organized, efficient, and effective manner;
- Resourceful and adaptable to dynamic, fast-changing environment;
- Strong working knowledge of a wide range of legal and compliance topics including labor law issues, litigation/dispute resolution and risk management;
- Acts in a proactive, efficient and effective risk-based and benefit-driven way;
- Enthusiasm to work on a broad variety of legal matters and flexibility to support a dynamic business;
- A solutions-oriented, hands-on lawyer with a strong work ethic who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of work, but seek guidance when needed;
- Extremely high professional standards and expectations for self and others and sets a tone of the highest legal and ethical standards of conduct.
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether youre looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match thats all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure youre happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.