You may not realize it, but youve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a small company feel and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is the people I work with! We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If youre ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Chevron Phillips Chemical is seeking a Tax Attorney to join our team at our headquarters location in The Woodlands, Texas. The successful candidate will have practical experience in U.S., domestic and international and host country tax matters. The Tax Department reports to the Chief Finance Officer and consistes of 16 employees. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax planning/counseling and compliance, tax accounting and business unit tax advice for Chevron Phillips Chemical. This position will report directly to the Managing Counsel Global Tax Planning. #HPCP
- Provide, as needed, analysis and tax counseling to various departments and managers primarily on U.S. international and host country tax issues in connection with Chevron Phillips international operations (including advice on permanent establishments, tax treaties, expatriates / secondees, tax controversy, transfer pricing, anti-boycott, etc.)
- Review ongoing and new global business activities and provide advice on the tax consequences, risks and opportunities
- Conduct legal research on various tax related issues and/or topics
- Draft, negotiate and interpret tax-related language and agreements relating to various commercial matters
- Document tax analysis and positions taken, preparation of FIN 48 analyses, and support and defend tax filing positions
- Assist in the formation and/or liquidation of legal entities
- Stay informed of major U.S. international tax, host country and transfer pricing developments.
The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is open to mentoring but able to work independently and can integrate well within a group or project team, work extended hours, when needed, while maintaining focus and efficiency, and must be able to develop and maintain trusted customer relationships and use tact and diplomacy while responding quickly to customer needs.
- Law Degree from an accredited law school.
- Must have at least 4 years of relevant tax experience with a large law firm, Big 4 accounting firm and/or multinational company.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sophisticated tax research using such tools as RIA, BNA, IBFD web-based research platforms, etc.
- Ability to recognize, define and resolve tax issues and without much oversight.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with business and functional leaders across Chevron Phillips.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of software (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to accept increasing responsibility and apply an analytical approach to business and financial problems.
- Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple concurrent tasks while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Demonstrate high standards of professional and business ethics.
- Abiility to perform activities in a safe manner.
- LL.M. in Taxation.
- Experience working int he chemical industry.
- Transfer pricing experience.
- Tax controversy experience.
- Accounting degree and experience.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (Company) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 09/07/2020