Born digital, Axos Bank has reinvented the banking model and grown to over $12 billion in assets since our founding in 2000. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 digital banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “AX (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Learn more about working here!
We are looking for experienced transactional counsel interested in joining the legal team at a technology-driven financial services company. They will be a valued team member and have the opportunity to contribute to the companys success, working hands-on with members of various business units on an ever growing range of products and services.
The transactional counsel shall be primarily engaged in:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and transaction documents, particularly with respect to real estate transactions, including commercial real estate and income property lending, and third-party service agreements
- Assisting with the development of form contracts for routine transactions
- Minimizing Bank risk
- Enforcing the Bank’s legal policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Supporting all Bank business units by providing efficient and effective legal counsel
- Additional Responsibilities as may be assigned as needed
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements:
- 5+ years of major law firm or large corporation in-house experience
- Commercial real estate and income property lending
- Able to draft, review and negotiate contracts and transaction documents
- 5+ years with third-party service agreements
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical, and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a diverse workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
Desired Career Experience & Education Requirements:
- Graduation from top tier law school
- California Bar membership with no disciplinary history
- Experience with real estate lending transactions
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.