Youre looking for a motivated self-starter with large-firm and/or in-house transactional experience to join our growing Legal team. Working in our New York City office and reporting to our General Counsel, youll work directly with teams across the company and across the globe, including Finance, Business Operations, Underwriting, Compliance, and Business Development. If you can apply a broad range of skills to an even broader range of legal issues, all in a game-changing, hyper-growth startup environmentthis ones for you.
In this role, youll be responsible for negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, and providing guidance and leadership regarding corporate governance, public company reporting and compliance, financial structuring and capital markets. Youll enhance and administer contract management processes, including continuous improvement of templates, signing protocol, contract retention, and contract lifecycle management Youll partner with our Compliance team to monitor and advise on laws and regulations applicable to financial services companies and assist in responding to regulatory exams and inquiries.
We will look to you to identify weaknesses in governance practices and make recommendations for improvement, in addition to helping to provide a responsible and responsive framework for strategic risk approach and mitigation.
- 4+ years of experience with corporate transactional law as a law firm corporate associate or in-house corporate lawyer
- Experience working at or with a publicly traded insurance company or other financial services company
- Bachelor and law degrees; undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or economics a plus; MBA a plus
- Big Law experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with startups and/or tech companies is a benefit, as is global experience
- Bar admission in good standing (New York preferred)
- All-around team player who is a self-motivated, fast learner
- Loves getting shit done!