Associate Counsel / Counsel, Privacy
Legal & Business Affairs
- Assist in the counseling of business and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of consumer and workforce data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives.
- Draft and negotiate privacy and data security terms for agreements related to third party vendors, content and digital distribution, advertising technologies and promotion and sponsorships.
- Assist in the counseling of digital properties, including consumer facing websites and mobile applications, with respect to privacy issues.
- Work closely with business, technology, information security, customer experience to establish relationships and deliver consistent, practical legal guidance and support.
- Track and advise on legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to data collection and use, tracking and analytics, advanced advertising, and related issues
- Review and assist in developing privacy controls with respect to privacy impact assessments, including privacy -related notices, policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
Law Degree and member of US state bar in good standing
Minimum of 3 years law firm and/or corporate legal experience adivisng on privacy matters for Associate Counsel position and Minimum of 5 years law firm and/or corporate legal experience advising on policy matters for Counsel position.
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work in New York, NY. Role will initially be remote, but will ultimately be based out of our New York, NY offices.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Experience negotiating commercial transactions and counseling clients with respect to privacy and information security issues.
In-depth knowledge of privacy laws, best practices, frameworks, and self-regulatory models in U.S. and abroad, including data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules.
Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish business objectives.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Strong work ethic
Good natured team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. Its our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCUs vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. Its what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversals policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.