San Francisco, CA | Legal Team | Reports to Head of Legal
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. Were a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, weve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability arent mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, were dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials – designed for lifes everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Weve sold a few million shoes, launched multiple groundbreaking silhouettes, and changed how people think about comfort. Now its time to lace up our legal kicks. Were looking for a senior paralegal or counsel to join the team and help build our legal infrastructure from the ground up. There is wide flexibility in this role and were eager to tailor scope and responsibilities to the right candidate; if you think you can bring powerful skills and capabilities to the table, dont hesitate to apply. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a lean, unstructured environment and gleefully seizes ambiguity and opportunity to drive meaningful results.
What does the job entail?
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Product Development, Supply Chain, and Real Estate Teams
- Advise on business impact of changes to laws and regulations (domestic and international)
- Monitor outside counsel for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts, including supply agreements, consulting agreements, leases, and vendor agreements
- Maintain and update form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Relentlessly organized; impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Appropriately balances legal risks with business realities
- Distills legal guidance into a clear course of action
- Enjoys working autonomously and proactively on multiple projects
- Incorporates numbers and data into legal decisions
- Confidently re-prioritizes based on evolving needs / in response to new information
More practical skills needed:
- 4+ years experience
- J.D. or equivalent degree.
- Admitted to the CA bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in California
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of different teams
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to understand business needs and partner cross-functionally to create solutions
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Special Employee Pricing
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.