Role: Counsel, Television Business & Legal Affairs
Reports to: SVP, Associate General Counsel, Endeavor Content
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet todays changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Contents recent projects include films Just Mercy and Peanut Butter Falcon, television series See and Killing Eve, the podcast Blackout, Rihannas Savage x Fenty Fashion Show special, and live event Rocketman Live.
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
- Structure, negotiate, document and manage transactions in connection with television development and production, including agreements to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors) and to acquire underlying rights.
- Implement and administer standard operating procedures for the companys television development and production business.
- Maintain budgetary oversight of productions, in partnership with production and finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate financial and business guidelines.
- Routinely advise and consult with company executives regarding business and legal issues pertaining to the companys television projects.
- JD degree.
- Member of the California bar or qualified in-house counsel registration required.
- 5+ years prior business and legal affairs experience with a major media entertainment company and/or entertainment law firm with substantial experience in scripted content development and production.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills for all manner of contracts related to scripted television development and production.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute independently toward multiple, high-priority projects.
- Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.