Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitters product and engineering teams, and also work closely with policy and business colleagues. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What Youll Do:
- Provide legal advice to Twitters Revenue product and engineering teams from the initial stages of product development to launch and beyond
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic product initiatives for
- Twitters multi-billion-dollar ads business (including, for example, Ad Formats, Ads Transparency, Ad Review, Ad Measurement, Advertiser Product Experience, Ads API, User Modeling, Prediction, Identity Bridging, Revenue Platform, and Billing & Payments)
- MoPub, the companys mobile advertising business that provides flexible monetization solutions for mobile publishers around the globe. MoPub brings together more than 49,000 apps and 180 demand-side platforms globally, servicing 450 billion monthly app advertisement requests and reaching over 1.5 billion unique devices
- CrossInstall, Twitters mobile-focused demand-side platform that helps app developers drive their user acquisition efforts.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Product, Engineering, Trust & Safety, Policy, Communications, and Sales
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy and content regulation
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitters products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). A successful candidate will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis – such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, copyright, advertising, and consumer protection – and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
- 8+ years legal experience (though more, even much more, experience is welcome), including in consumer protection, privacy, advertising law, intellectual property, or content regulation; regulatory and/or in-house experience preferred but not required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bar admission in good standing in applicable state (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Background experience in relevant legal issues impacting digital advertising businesses including advertising self-regulation and privacy, consumer protection, payments, and content regulation laws and regulatory regimes
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.