NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We are seeking an experienced transactional attorney to become a member of the NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Law Department team in Juno Beach, Florida supporting NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NEP). Our in-house Law Department is a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment that is a key component of the most successful renewable energy business in the industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing transactions,
NEP is a growth-oriented limited partnership formed by NextEra Energy, Inc. NEP, a public company, acquires, manages, and owns contracted clean energy projects with stable, long-term cash flows. NEP owns interests in wind and solar projects in the U.S., as well as natural gas infrastructure assets in Texas. NEPs renewable energy projects are contracted, use industry-leading technology, and are located in regions that are favorable for generating energy from the wind and sun.
- Negotiate, draft, and structure transaction documents for asset and corporate purchases and sales, financings, including credit agreements, LLC agreements and disclosure schedules
- Support diligence for renewable and clean energy transactions
- Advise on business strategies and risk mitigation associated with transactions, including liabilities and risks associated with a project that would be important to an investment or a lending decision
- Work with lenders, commercial counterparties, investors and their counsel, and subject matter experts on structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing financing transactions
- Advise on compliance issues with financing transactions
- Manage a group of legal and other professionals that support a wide range of financing transactions.
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to recruiting-coordinator.sharedmailboxnexteraenergy.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.