The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located within the Outdoor Recreation Center.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Instructing groups and individuals in a variety of outdoor recreation programs, using a variety of teaching methods to effectively communicate to participants who have a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
- Teaches children as well as adults.
- Incumbent is responsible for group management. The safety of the participants must always be the number one priority.
- Must be familiar with all programs offered by Outdoor Recreation, as well as be familiar with local area as the position requires providing information to customers.
- Reports any problems to the Outdoor Recreation Manager or Recreation Specialist as soon as possible in order to maintain a high quality service to guests.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 (dated Aug 2019) is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be able to work various shifts to include days, evenings, weekends, nights, split-shifts, and holidays.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained to include the initiation/completion of Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- Must have or be able to obtain a current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED training certification
- Satisfactory completion of required Raft Guide Training must be completed within three weeks of appointment. Failure to successfully completed required training may result in separation.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Highly Preferred Criteria and Integrity Certification.
Highly Preferred Criteria:
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:30 pm EST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https: publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (e.g. Military Spouse Preference, Involuntarily Separated Military Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433 dated Aug 2019) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433 (dated Aug 2019)
- If claiming Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) submit a copy of your marriage certificate in order to receive consideration for SEP
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action