This position functions to provide legal counsel, representation, and research for the Clark County School District Board of Trustees, the Superintendent of Schools, and staff regarding District matters, as directed by and subject to the supervision of the General Counsel or designee. The person selected for this position will also serve as Chief Negotiator with respect to negotiations with the employee associations on behalf of the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent, and the Clark District. When serving as Chief Negotiator, the position is directly responsible to the Superintendent of Schools, Office of the Superintendent.
Responsibilities as Chief Negotiator
1. Acts as Chief Negotiator to negotiate collective bargaining agreements under Chapter 288 of the Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS).
2. Negotiates, bargains, and/or discusses issues with the employee associations on matters related to, affected by, or affecting collective bargaining agreements.
3. Negotiates, bargains, and/or discusses issues with the employee associations as required by Assembly Bill (AB) 469 and other applicable laws.
Education and Training:
Graduation from an accredited school of law.
Licenses and Certifications:
Licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts of Nevada.
1. Eight (8) years experience (twelve (12) preferred) in the practice of law, including
substantial employment, labor law, construction, real estate and litigation
experience with appearance in the courtroom or administrative hearings.
(Experience in the areas of government/public law, personnel, labor, civil rights
litigation, or school law is desirable but not required.)
2. Experience in the public sector, labor negotiations.