Altarum Institute is pleased to announce an opening for a Corporate Attorney. The Corporate Attorney will report to the Director of Contracts and Legal Operations and is responsible for providing high quality, proactive legal operations support and services to Altarum. This position will drive progress on day-to-day internal and external legal operations efforts, and will support efforts and tasks across a range of project types for internal and external clients.
- In coordination with the Director, develops and executes strategies to sustain and improve the operational effectiveness of the Legal Operations organization, including the creation of metrics and monitoring of progress to measure success against strategic plans.
- Assists in overseeing the business operations, internal communications and important strategic initiatives for Legal Operations with the Director.
- Interacts with others at various levels involving matters between functional areas, other departments or organizational units, or customers and the company.
- Provides legal advice, guidance, and contract interpretation to internal customers.
- Develops and executes policies and/or procedures that affect Legal Operations.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Participates in the review, drafting and negotiation of Government (federal, state, and local) contracts and grants.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates legal correspondence and agreements, including complex vendor agreements, subcontracts, consulting agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, etc.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates specialized commercial and other agreements such as Memoranda of Understanding, Memoranda of Agreement, Teaming Agreements, Non-disclosure Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Service Agreements, Grants, etc.
- Analyzes case law and provides recommendations for intricate federal and state contracting agreements.
- Prepares, maintains, and coordinates execution of the Legal Operations template portfolio, including Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, License Agreements, Data Agreements, etc.
- Supports the Office of General Counsel with assigned tasks and research, as requested
- Trains junior legal operations personnel
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and 7 – 10 years of corporate law experience, especially as related to commercial and other agreements.
- Requires membership of a State Bar in the United States, or the District of Columbia, as an attorney qualified to practice law.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and other Federal and/or state and/or Grantor level contracting policies and regulations
- Ability to interact and adapt communication style, delivery, and content effectively to any audience.
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as appropriate for a given task.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and high level of initiative.
- Strong and effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding legal and contracting actions.
- Proven experience interpreting, researching, drafting, and negotiating various contractual agreements.
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams), and Outlook.
- Proven ability to assess needs, identify issues, summarize and present information/ recommendations and implement change.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to set, track and report milestones.
- Strong ability and experience in effectively handling a variety of concurrent tasks in a multi-deadline environment.
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans health.In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.