- Ensure regulatory compliance with state and other government agencies related to the health insurance industry, Centene Corporation, and its business subsidiaries.
- Ensure business unit and Centene Corporate are in compliance with state and federal program regulations, insurance regulations, regulatory requirements for business entities and state contract requirements
- Maintain and track laws and regulations, contract documentations, amendments, and various compliance measures. Develop policies, procedures, and processes to comply with state law, federal law, contract requirements, and various standards
- Oversee, administer, and implement various compliance programs, including fraud and abuse and HIPAA
- Provide guidance to various departments regarding compliance issues and implementation of new compliance requirements with respect to regulatory and contract language
- Conduct compliance audits, develop and implement corrective action plans, and report on achievement of action plans to senior management and Board of Directors
- Develop strategic relationships with state legislative policymakers and assist with the development of state legislative public policy concerning state insurance, Managed Care Organization, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and initiatives
- Identify, evaluate and analyze the impact of state legislative and regulatory issues and advise management concerning impact
- Represent senior management at various committees, meetings, and seminars
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration or related field. 8+ years of compliance program management and contract experience.Extensive knowledge of state administrative code and regulations, state insurance laws and regulations including managed care regulations.Experience with state and federal government agencies, accreditation bodies, participating provider agreements, HIPAA and Third Party Administration (TPA) laws, credentialing regulations and prompt pay laws. Masters or Law degree preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.